Who are we?
Established in 1946, Holman Parts Distribution, Inc. has been a select partner for major OE brands for automotive powertrain sales, distribution and core collection. Holman Parts Distribution is a division of the prestigious Holman Automotive Group, a worldwide leader in the automobile business. Our sister companies include ARI, North America’s leading fleet management company; Holman Automotive, new car dealerships located in NJ, PA and Florida; and Auto Truck Group, a leader in the truck up-fitting industry in the U.S. and Canada.
Holman Parts Distribution has an outstanding opportunity for a Developer II to join our team!
Job Purpose: Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Maintain, modify, design and implement new programs within existing systems and make recommendations on how to improve these systems.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications and standards.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts and test harnesses.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Provides reasonable and fair estimates for assigned tasks, work efforts and projects.
- Keep current with software development trends, make suggestions and take action on IT-related best practices, processes and systems.
- Guide less senior team members in both technical aspects and people skills.
- Provide direction for new tools, technologies and development approaches.
Knowledge and Skill:
- A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
- Strong ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgments across most business process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience, provides regular updates on progress of assignments to users and management on all projects and cases assigned.
- Strong ability to organize assignments and work efforts to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Strong ability to gather, document, understand and translate requirements into system design as they relate to assigned tasks and projects to resolve the business needs.
- Strong ability to use the development environment and tools necessary to code solutions from detailed specifications across most business processes.
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office products and other desktop tools to improve performance, collaboration, communication and efficiency.
- Strong ability to Integrate multiple systems and develops modules that staff can reuse.
- 4-year degree preferred
- 4-5 years of software development experience.
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX 2012 / X++ a plus.
- Proficient in the software development lifecycle and object-oriented design.
- experience developing SQL database objects and usage including T-SQL query, stored procedures, functions, tables, views and indexes is required.
- Experience with .NET application development is required.