Instructional Designer II
Job Purpose: Learning and Development Instructional Designer II plans, maintains and develops training materials programs and/or curricula to meet specific business objectives, recommends the appropriate modality/training solution for projects (eLearning, video, classroom, job aids) and is primarily responsible for creative and developing media for online learning solutions (illustrations, graphics, animations, simulations, online games). This position collaborates on development projects with business partners and key stakeholders and recommends and creates the best learning experience for the entire Holman employee population. The Learning and Development Instructional Designer II also develops learning assessments and training evaluations and analyzes results.
Instructional Design & Development: Performs training needs analysis. Gathers information about needs by collecting data about the learners and/or organizational performance requirements.
- Uses a variety of techniques for determining the instructional content of courses, curricula and programs incorporating sound principles of adult learning theory, ensuring that program design accommodates different learning styles.
- Creates thorough design documents for classroom, self-paced and blended learning including measurable learning objectives, instructional activities, and other learning tools and resources.
- Uses a variety of learning technologies to achieve desired learning outcomes.
- Develops instructional materials/assets including participant guides, instructor guides, presentations, skills assessments, and job aids.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Excellent one-on-one and group presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Solid knowledge and experience in instructional design.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Information search and research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
- Solid project and time management skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in education, organizational development, instructional design, human performance technology, or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in corporate learning capacity developing, delivering, analyzing, and measuring learning programs.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline 2, Captivate, Camtasia, or similar software strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Cornerstone on Demand or other learning management system functionality preferred.