Who we are?
Since 1918, Auto Truck Group takes new trucks and make them into tools. We have expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment. From custom trucks to entire fleets, our customers include railroad, utilities, government agencies.
Auto Truck Group currently has a terrific opportunity for a Application Developer.
- Works closely with the senior developers to help them define requirements and solutions for business needs.
- Investigates, analyzes and documents reported defects.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Provides reasonable and fair estimates for assigned tasks and work efforts.
- Keeps current with software development trends, make suggestions and take action on IT-related best practices, processes and systems.
Knowledge and Skill:
- A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with appropriate supervision.
- Solid ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgments within processes of expertise.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, provides regular updates on progress of assignments to users and management on all projects and cases assigned.
- Solid ability to organize assignments and work efforts to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Solid analytical skills for effective problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Solid ability to gather, document, understand and translate requirements into system design as they relate to assigned tasks and projects to resolve the business needs.
- Solid ability to use the development environment and tools necessary to code solutions from detailed specifications within processes of expertise.
- Solid ability to use Microsoft Office products and other desktop tools to improve performance, collaboration, communication and efficiency.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field helpful but not a must.
- 1-3 years of experience in .NET software development with ASP.NET MVC (or experience with a different MVC framework)
- 1-3 years of experience in Front End development as described below is required
- Experience with Microsoft TFS preferred or other source control system
- Working knowledge of a front-end framework (preferably Angularjs, or others such as Ember, Backbone, etc.)
- Experience with jQuery/jQueryUI
- Experience using jQuery DataTables
- Experience with ASP.NET Razor a big plus, or experience with other templating engine.
- Experience with Webpack bundling, npm and package management a plus
- Experience using TypeScript a plus
- Understanding of Component-based architectures a big plus
- Experience using CSS Preprocessors (SCSS, SASS, Stylus, LESS, etc.) a plus