Procurement Business Partner
The Procurement Business Partner is a new position within the ARI Strategic Relationships Group. Strategic Relationships supports the ARI global business by providing procurement and vendor management expertise that controls customer costs and quality of service while maximizing income for ARI. The Procurement Business Partner works with the business team to identify high performing suppliers and negotiate favorable commercial terms in line with business strategy. A successful candidate is a self-motivated, strong communicator, with the ability to pull different ideas together and challenge status quo.
Principal Purpose of Position:
- Develop and execute a procurement strategy at the business unit level, in line with current strategy.
- Recognize and deliver cost savings and maximize profitability by negotiating the best possible supplier commercial contract terms.
- Innovation - Identify opportunities to collaborate with key vendors to develop new offerings.
- Work with category leaders to network externally with vendors and professional organizations related to their accountable business line.
- Lead, support and manage the bid process for large purchases.
- Work with vendor management team to drive supplier excellence through measurement, reward and recognition (quality, SLA’s).
- Work closely with vendor management group to provide feedback on vendor performance (cost, quality and execution) and follow up with resolutions including involvement in periodic vendor audits.
- Manage the procurement process within their accountable business line, ensuring that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to by personnel involved with the procurement function.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM or equivalent preferred (or willing to pursue)
- Key Competencies: Collaboration, Data Analytics, Procurement, Project Management, Clear Articulator, Strategy Development, Interpersonal.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5 years of procurement or supply chain experience in a services business environment, both domestically and internationally preferred.
- Experience implementing strategic sourcing plans in support of business unit operations (balancing cost, risk and performance).
- Advanced understanding of supply chain procedures, processes, and core values.
- Proficient in financial modeling and data analysis.
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
- Ability to develop influencing relationships with varying levels of management and individual contributors from multiple business units.
- Able to develop an external professional network to maintain awareness of procurement trends.
- Comfortable negotiating contracts valued in excess of $250,000. Clear understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of supplier management practices and/or processes on an enterprise basis, including SLAs, KPIs, and governance models.
- Build partnerships with ARI functions and business lines and ensure procurement is involved at the earliest stage of the buying process. Establish KPI for early stage procurement involvement.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in commercial vehicle fleet management.
- Global travel required, approximately 20%.
What we offer:
ARI is a dynamic global organization with revenues exceeding $1 billion and 2,800 employees in offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Europe. We seek to foster a collaborative environment where employees are encouraged to grow, learn and develop professionally. We don’t just want to offer you a job; our goal is to be a company where an individual can build a satisfying and fulfilling career. Benefits include competitive pay, annual bonuses, health, dental and life insurance, wellness discounts and focused health and nutrition programming, 100 percent tuition reimbursement starting from the first day of employment, an award winning in-house learning and development program, ARI University, with more than 160 instructor led workshops and more than 250 available training classes, a generous 401(k) match, paid time off and much more.