Internet/BDC Sales Supervisor
Holman Ford Lincoln
Directly supervises all employees of the BDC and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Holman and manufacturer culture. Design marketing programs to grow the department, recruit and train BDC Associates, implement sales strategies, and develop tracking systems to measure department & individual performance standards. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Oversees BDC Associates in scheduling appointments for vehicle service, Parts and F&I product after-sales. The BDC Manager should be familiar with contemporary Internet/e-commerce processes and be thoroughly familiar with the characteristics of an effective web site. The manager needs to have a firm understanding of departmental budgeting as it relates to revenue & expense structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assist in establishing a newly-formatted Business Development Center, strategic goals and action plans.
- Help develop and monitor the success of the Business Development Center objectives.
- Supervise staff training, motivational and incentive programs, and adherence to personnel policies and standards.
- Work closely with our BDC vendor-- UDC—to develop script and call-handling strategies.
- Ensure staff is trained in product knowledge & software systems, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Monitor staff productivity and quota levels, and recommend policy changes or training to improve performance.
- Prepare staff productivity reports including the weekly contact log and monthly appointment show report.
- Meet regularly with dealership management to review opportunities to expand BDC functions.
- Assist with the development and administration of department performance reviews.
- Participate in employee recruiting, development, evaluation, and work planning.
- Complete other duties that may be assigned.
- Place/monitor outbound calls to customers who are past due for service, have declined work, have open recalls, have special order parts in stock, are due for 1st service, etc., to schedule them for an appointment.
- Supervise confirming & reminder calls to customers with upcoming appointments to ensure effective shop-loading.
- Supervise incoming calls from customers who are calling to set up appointments with our service center.
- Use recorded calls as coaching opportunities
- Complete call metrics Daily and turn in for tracking purposes.
SUPERVISORY EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- One year of related Internet sales Management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales skills, great communication, and excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Current valid driver’s license is required for all employees.
What we offer:
Honest, friendly and professional environment with an outstanding reputation for family values and excellent customer service. We offer competitive pay and incentives. Outstanding benefits for you and your family includes medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution and vehicle purchase program. In addition we offer growth and development opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.