Business Development Center Supervisor
Directly supervises employees of the Business Development Center. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s polices and oversees the day to day operation of the call center. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, rewarding, disciplining, and terminating employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach and support BDC Coordinators in effectively applying their knowledge and skills.
- Assist in establishing BDC strategic goals and action plans.
- Assist in creation and delivery of motivational and incentive programs, and adherence to personnel policies and standards.
- Train BDC Coordinators on the processes, policies and procedures of the BDC.
- Assist in the development of script and call-handling strategies.
- Monitor BDC team productivity and quota levels, and recommend policy changes or training to improve performance.
- Create and distribute the weekly/monthly schedule for the BDC team in a timely manner.
- Monitor equipment performance and report need for new equipment.
- Prepare BDC Coordinator productivity reports related to the status and productivity of the BDC team, including the monthly appointment show report.
- Attend meetings with dealership management (as designated by BDC Manager) to review opportunities to expand BDC functions.
- Assist with the development and administration of department performance reviews.
- Participate in employee recruiting, development, evaluation, and work planning.
- Handle escalated calls from BDC coordinators as related to difficult situations.
- Assist BDC team in placing outbound calls to customers who are past due for service, have open recalls, have special order parts in stock, or are due for service, when needed.
- Assist BDC team in answering phone calls and/or returning phone calls from customers who are calling to set up appointments with our service centers, when needed.
- Complete all payroll and any payroll related issues on a timely basis.
- Conduct one on one coaching sessions with all BDC coordinators.
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance. Maintains a professional image and demeanor. Leads by example.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to operate in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of employees and customers.
- Team facilitation and training skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Is adaptable to and supportive of change, willing to work extra hours when needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years of management or supervisory experience preferred. Dealership experience a plus.
- Two to five years of customer service experience