Truck Specification Analyst – Vehicle Supply Chain
Who we are?
ARI, part of the Holman Automotive Group and headquartered in Mt. Laurel, N.J., is a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company that prides itself on providing exceptional service. A recognized leader in the industry and the largest fleet management company in North America. Formerly #24 on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work” and #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT. ARI has more than 65 years of experience offering its employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI has an outstanding opportunity for a Truck Specification Analyst in our Mount Laurel, NJ office to deliver vehicle expertise to existing and prospective clients as needed, by developing complete, accurate and up-to-date specifications which best meet the client’s business application(s) needs while balancing cost considerations. Support clients by soliciting vendors for price quotations on trucks, up-fitting and equipment and develop relationships with these vendors to deliver value to ARI and to clients.
What will you do?
- Research and develop specifications on trucks, trailers, upfitting and equipment.
- Analyze specifications and make recommendations for change intended to result in client savings, safety improvements, better support client work applications or other benefits.
- Assist internal business partners and external customers by providing timely and accurate specification requests and/or price quotations on vehicles, up-fitting and equipment.
- Prepare specifications in a format appropriate for customer ordering.
- Attend vendor-led (or other) training as required to stay abreast of the latest developments in vehicles, up-fit and equipment/components.
- Document all communication and supporting files related to quote requests regularly in FleetTrak system to ensure complete records.
- When deemed necessary, partner with Regional Truck Managers to support sales and client retention efforts by participating in or otherwise supporting specification reviews.
What are we looking for?
- Should possess knowledge of trucks (light duty, medium and/or heavy duty), as well as trailers, equipment, up-fitting and how components interact.
- Familiarity with available manufacturers’ truck specification computer programs, such as Ford’s Commercial Truck Tools, or Freightliner’s SpecPro is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, customers and vendors.
- Effective customer service and negotiating skills.
- Capacity and willingness for continuous learning and challenges.
- Relentless drive for excellence and a solution oriented mindset.
- Passion for complex vehicles and methods of transportation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate level typing proficiency (minimum 25 WPM)
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (including but not limited to engineering, automotive, mathematical) or equivalent experience in truck or up-fitting industries.
What we offer:
2,800 employees strong with revenues exceeding $1 billion and offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Europe, ARI offers growth opportunities that precious few companies can match. Benefits include competitive pay and bonus, health, dental and life insurance, 100% tuition reimbursement based on grade performance, 401(k) match, and much more.