ARI, part of the Holman Automotive Group and headquartered in Mt. Laurel, N.J., is a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company that prides itself on providing exceptional service. A recognized leader in the industry and the largest fleet management company in North America. Ranked #27 on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work” and #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT. ARI has more than 65 years of experience offering its employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI has an outstanding opportunity for a Network Engineer I.
Principal Purpose of Position:
- Support business applications and processes through the design, installation, and support of data networking systems including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless and application load balancing platforms.
• Develop and implement configuration changes on equipment types listed above.
• Troubleshoot, identify and solve technical problems.
• Interface with network service providers and equipment vendors to ensure timely deployment of private and public services and drive resolution of problems when they occur.
• Monitor and manage network availability, capacity, and performance.
• Develop and maintain network documentation, including architecture artifacts, low level designs, and operational support procedures.
• Evaluate new products and make recommendations for new solutions based on business and functional requirements.
• Perform system tuning and capacity planning and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Perform routine maintenance tasks for networking systems such as backups, patching, and hot fixes.
• Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Relevant Work Experience Desired:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve complex network problems as they relate to multiple business applications and voice-over-IP.
- Experienced in implementing multiple layer 3 protocols, especially OSPF and BGP. Working knowledge of other protocols: TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, QoS, VLANs, VPNs.
- Experience in implementing security standards across private and public IP networks.
- Enterprise-side knowledge of MPLS, Broadband Internet.
- Network Hardware: Cisco routers, switches and firewalls; HP Procurve switches; Aruba wireless systems, and related operating systems.
- Network Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, HP Procurve.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Professional certifications in networking technologies is a plus.
- One to three years of experience supporting enterprise data networks is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a 24 hour on-call capacity.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Basic level ability to adapt and remain flexible. Ability to multi-task effectively. Can adjust to changing priority.
- Excellent time management skills.
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
- Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Should possess a basic level of communication skills. Seeks and shares information and opinions. Asks follow up questions and solicits advice prior to taking action.
- Volunteers to undertake tasks and assignments that stretch his or her capability. Identifies problems and acts to prevents and solve them.
- Actively participate in team interactions. Express view point or concerns without waiting to be asked. Seek opportunities to assist team members.
- Must be willing to travel to other corporate locations.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.