Instructional Design & Development: Performs training needs analysis. Gathers information about needs by collecting data about the learners and/or organizational performance requirements.
- Uses a variety of techniques for determining the instructional content of courses, curricula and programs incorporating sound principles of adult learning theory, ensuring that program design accommodates different learning styles.
- Creates thorough design documents for classroom, self-paced and blended learning including measurable learning objectives, instructional activities, and other learning tools and resources.
- Uses a variety of learning technologies to achieve desired learning outcomes.
- Develops instructional materials/assets including participant guides, instructor guides, presentations, skills assessments, and job aids.
Facilitates Learning: Stimulates and sustains learner motivation and engagement by fostering a positive learning climate, establishing relevance of the content, and providing opportunities for learners to participate.
- Uses effective questioning skills, using a variety of question types, and directing and redirecting questions that promote learning.
- Leverages past experience of learners with effective facilitation skills by drawing upon the knowledge of learners.
- Incorporates activities designed to enhance learning such as learning by doing, small group work, and action planning.
- Is sensitive to the differences among learners and considers the learner's language, culture and context in the design or delivery of instruction.
Performance Consulting: Partners with business leaders to enhance performance in support of business goals of the organization and the performance needs of employees.
- Selects and/or designs appropriate interventions to address performance gaps. Drives conversations to generate effective solutions and partners with other departments/functions on solutions.
- Measures the effect of interventions on performance and the achievement of business goals.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Excellent one-on-one, group presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Solid knowledge and experience in instructional design.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Information search and research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
- Solid project and time management skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in education, organizational development, instructional design, human performance technology, or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in corporate learning capacity developing, delivering, analyzing, and measuring learning programs.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Captivate, and Camtasia software strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Cornerstone on Demand or other learning management system functionality preferred.