Automotive/Mechanic Call Center Technician
Who we are?
ARI, part of the Holman Automotive Group and headquartered in Mt. Laurel, N.J., is a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company that prides itself on providing exceptional service. A recognized leader in the industry and the largest fleet management company in North America. Ranked #36 on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work” and #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT. ARI has more than 65 years of experience offering its employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI has an outstanding opportunity for an Automotive Mechanic to work in our call centers that provide fleet drivers and administrators’ with maintenance and repair options out of our Grapevine, Texas location.
What will you do?
- Assists drivers in locating suitable repair locations.
- Provides accurate documentation on all maintenance and repair events.
- Verifies that all repair and maintenance work is necessary and done at a fair price.
- Reviews and authorizes all repairs for fleet vehicles as necessary.
- Documents all instances where a cost savings is realized.
- Ensures appropriate preventative maintenance schedule is followed.
- Maintains all monthly metrics at or above the established goal.
- Offers assistance willingly and makes a positive contribution to morale.
- Shows sensitivity to and consideration for other’s feelings.
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
- Responds positively to change, offers suggestions for improvements, remains calm and professional under pressure and accepts constructive criticism positively.
- Can be counted on to carry out assignments carefully and with appropriate follow-up. Overcomes obstacles to meet goals. Accepts personal accountability for his/her actions.
- Keeps manager and/or coworkers informed of work progress and other necessary information.
- Maintains a positive relationship with management and other workers, listens effectively.
- Must be able to complete transactions with accuracy while providing a high level of quality service
What are we looking for?
- Excellent customer service skills and dedicated to being the best in the industry.
- 3+ years’ experience in diesel Engines, tractors, trailers, hydraulics, or other heavy duty equipment repair and maintenance.
- ASE Certifications are a plus!
- Ability to excel under pressure and possess strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and able to learn our internal programs and systems
- Ability to use a telephone and work in a fast paced environment assisting drivers or vendors managing vehicle repair and maintenance requirements
- Punctuality and able to conform to attendance and shift expectations.
What we offer:
2,800 employees strong with revenues exceeding $1 billion and offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Europe, ARI offers growth opportunities that precious few companies can match. Benefits include competitive pay and bonus, health, dental and life insurance, 100% tuition reimbursement based on grade performance, 401(k) match, and much more.