Job Purpose: Responsible for managing a medium project team focusing on the technology of the project and working within the constraints of scope, quality, time and costs and within established project polices and guidelines over single areas of the business.
- Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project, and manage the development and delivery for most business processes.
- Estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies to ensure then the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the business unit for most business processes.
- Analyze, prioritizes, assign and follow-up on all work cases assigned to staff members. Identify skill sets and resources requirements required for the project based on project specifications and requirements for most business processes.
- To conduct project presentations and compile reports.
- Willingness and capability to work in a hands on capacity during full life cycle of assigned projects
- Track, follow-up and report metrics for all projects and cases assigned; status, effort, percent complete, slippage, project effort, duration to completion. Communicate roadblocks quickly and provides alternatives for resolution for most business process.
- Communicates with management, end-users or customer to define system requirements, and establishes/maintains an effective and proactive relationship with end-users and key stakeholders to keep current with business goals within responsible areas for most business processes.
- Keep current with software development trends, make suggestions and take action on IT-related best practices, processes and systems for most business processes.
- Manage the business stakeholders, team members, contract personnel, or vendors to design a solution and establish associated project timelines that allow for the delivery of strategic functionality within the project constraints.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Can run an effective meeting for large groups.
- Can organize and manage multiple projects to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Can scope complex projects and set deliverables based on resources and deadlines with limited supervision and within most business processes.
- Can gather, create, or participate in the creation of project documentation for complex sized projects with limited supervision and within most business processes.
- Can translate requirements into system design or programming specs necessary to resolve the business requirements for complex sized projects with limited supervision and within most business processes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong ability to provide reasonable and fair estimates on assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to use development environment and tools needed to code solutions that satisfy business requirements is helpful but not a must.
- 3-7 years of software project development experience.
- Experience using PL/SQL (Oracle) or equivalent is helpful but not a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Microsoft Certification, PMP Certification are helpful but not a must.